Version effective as of January 11th, 2023
1. General Information
The company SOULIERS Martinez is a simplified joint stock company with a capital of 2.600 €, whose headquarters is 4, rue des Petits Champs in Paris (75002), registered with the RCS of Paris under the number 800 683 609 (hereinafter « SOULIERS Martinez » or « We »).
SOULIERS Martinez, in its capacity as data controller, is committed to protect and respect the privacy and personal data (« Data») of users (« Users » or « You ») of the website www.souliers-martinez.com (hereinafter « Website »).
The purpose of this Policy is to inform Users with transparency on how Souliers Martinez collects and processes their Data, and on how to exercise their rights in this regard.
SOULIERS Martinez is likely to collect and process the Data that the User transmits to them on the following occasions:
- when the User contacts Souliers Martinez via the contact form or email;
- when the User places an order on the Site;
- when the User creates a customer account;
- when the User subscribes to the mailing list by e-mail.
These Data are the following:
In case of contact:
- Last name/first name
- Email address
In case of purchase on the Website:
- Last name/first name *
- Phone number *
- Email address *
- Postal address *
- Payment methods and billing address *
- Size *
- Tastes and preferences
SOULIERS Martinez only uses Users' Data for the purposes described below and in accordance with the legal basis authorizing it.
Process your correspondence with SOULIERS Martinez
To manage the User's orders and customer account
(including processing your payment information, arranging for shipment of products, providing invoices and/or order confirmations, etc.).
Execution of the sales contract
Manage the after-sales service
Execution of the sales contract
To provide the User with information or advertisements relating to the products
Anti-fraud measures (filtering of orders to detect any risk of fraud)
Legitimate interest of SOULIERS Martinez
SOULIERS Martinez only keeps Users' Data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected.
The above-mentioned Data of the Users are definitively deleted by Martinez Shoes at the end of the following periods:
- 14 months for Google Analytics browsing data
- 3 years from the last contact or the last purchase for commercial prospecting;
- 10 years as part of our legal or contractual obligations;
- in the conditions of legal prescription regarding the fight against fraud.
The above-mentioned conservation periods may exceptionally be extended to ensure the defense of the SOULIERS Martinez’ in court.
If SOULIERS Martinez or all or part of its assets are acquired by a third party, the Data in its possession will, if necessary, be transferred to the new owner.
A transfer of User Data may take place if Martinez Shoes considers in good faith that it is strictly necessary to do so to comply with its legal obligations.
In most cases, Users' Data are processed and stored on servers located within the European Union, in France.
If SOULIERS Martinez must transfer Data outside the European Union, it undertakes to use the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or to put in place any other adequate measure to ensure that the transfer is covered by appropriate guarantees.
SOULIERS Martinez undertakes to allow Users to fully exercise the rights listed below directly in the settings in the Application or by making their request by email to email@example.com:
- Right to access and rectify: the User can ask to receive a copy of their Data processed by SOULIERS Martinez with the indication of the origin of the Data concerning them; they can also ask for the Data to be modified so that it is corrected, completed or updated;
- Right to object: the User can, for legitimate reasons, oppose the treatment carried out by SOULIERS Martinez on the legal basis of the legitimate interest;
- Right to limit: the User may request the limitation of the processing of their Data, it being specified, however, that this right only applies in the following cases:
- For the duration of the verifications made by SOULIERS Martinez when the User disputes the accuracy of their Data;
- If a processing is unlawful but the User does not want their Data to be deleted by SOULIERS Martinez;
- The User wishes that their Data be kept for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- For the duration of the verifications carried out by SOULIERS Martinez when the User has exercised their right of opposition.
- Right to request: the User may request to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and its transmission to another controller where technically possible.
Depending on the nature of the request made by the User, SOULIERS Martinez may request additional documents in order to verify the identity of the User, the compliance of the request with legal requirements and to identify the Data to which the request relates.
The User is informed that SOULIERS Martinez may refuse to grant their request to exercise their rights if it is unfounded or manifestly excessive (for example in the case of multiple and successive requests) or if the Data has already been deleted.
The User may also file a complaint with the competent control authority (www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes) or with the competent courts if they consider that SOULIERS Martinez has not respected their rights.
Finally, the User can send to SOULIERS Martinez by email at firstname.lastname@example.org their instructions regarding the fate of their Data after their death.
SOULIERS Martinez has implemented security measures to protect Users' Data from unauthorized use, and to prevent their loss and alteration, including:
- technical measures to encrypt the Data;
- strict access controls to the Data;
- confidentiality and security commitments to both its employees and any subcontractors.
The User is responsible for the confidentiality of the password they have chosen to access their account on the Site. The User undertakes to keep this password secret and not to communicate it to anyone.
9. What cookies and other tracking devices do we use on the Website?
For example, when you browse the Site, we collect information about the web pages or products you visit, the web sites or search terms from which you access the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
- Strictly necessary cookies for the functioning of the Site: these cookies record anonymous information relating to your navigation (e.g. choice of cookies, language, currency preference etc...) in order to optimize your navigation and your experience;
- Google Analytics cookies: learn more at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also disable Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Advertising, marketing, and social networking cookies: We use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertising or marketing communications that may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can disable targeted advertising by clicking on these links:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
In addition, you can disable some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's disabling portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.